AGNES SCOTT COLLEGE educates women to think deeply, live honorably and engage the intellectual and social challenges of their times.
Community Engagement at Agnes Scott College is housed in the Gué Pardue Hudson Center for Leadership and Service.Community engagement is one of the many ways Agnes Scott College achieves its mission of educating students to “think deeply, live honorably, and engage the intellectual and social challenges of their times.” Through participation in community engagement activities and events, students will:
- Become knowledgeable of a variety of social issues within local and global contexts;
- Understand the underlying and contributing factors that impact social issues and various ways of addressing both the causes and effects of these issues;
- Determine a personal ethical framework through which students see, interact with, and serve the world around them;
- Recognize how their multiple identities impact their service to others and the perception of that service;
- Build skills related to leadership and global citizenship by engaging in service and service learning opportunities aimed at alleviating social problems and their short and long term effects;
- Develop an attitude of meaningful life-long service in students’ local communities, state, nation and world.